How to submit claims
Does something claimed online seem implausible to you? Do you wonder if a video really shows what the title says? Do you suspect that a photo has been manipulated? Checking something like this can be time-consuming and tedious. That’s why you can contact us on WhatsApp and send us possible false claims for verification.
False claims and targeted disinformation often spread via messenger services. That’s why AFP, CORRECTIV.Faktencheck and dpa offer their fact checking tiplines. Just send us a message with a text, a file or a link. Our fact checking bots will take your request, send an answer or pass it on to our teams for further research.
We, the involved fact checking organizations, cooperate under the GADMO umbrella, but we all continue to work independently. That’s why each partner runs their own service.
Here’s how it works if you want to get a fact checker:
- Save the number in your phone or click on one of the links below, if you use WhatsApp on your computer. Then you can send us messages.
- Send us a text message with a factual claim, a link, an image or video file with the content you want us to check.
- In an automated dialogue, a chat bot will inform you about the process, the terms and conditions, and what the bot can do for you.
- Then, we can start the review. Please understand that it sometimes takes a few days until you receive a response.
- In rare cases, it may also happen that we cannot process a request. This happens, for example, if it is not a statement of fact, but a statement of opinion or a speculation about the future. Such statements are not suitable for a fact check. Another kind of statement that often cannot be checked are reports about personal experiences.
Here is a video tutorial on how a tipline works.
Please note that we offer only German language tiplines here. If you’re looking for tiplines in other languages, you’ll find a list here.
Start the verification service now:
- AFP: +49 172 2524054
- dpa: +49 160 3476409
- Faktencheck: +49 151 17535184